Monday, February 04, 2008

"I'm Lovin' It!" - McChurch Franchise?


Eddie Johnson, Lead pastor at Cumberland Church is suggesting that we "franchise" church.

"Just like a Chick-fil-A, my church is a 'franchise,' and I proudly serve as the local owner/operator."

"No more late night sermon prep or “cramming” for me. As a video church pastor who speaks only a few times a year, I show up Sunday to “pray and push play” baby!! I’ve regained my life on Saturdays…and I ain’t lookin’ back."

In Pastor Eddies defense, it would be nice of me to point you to his original words/thoughts on the topic, in context.
Is this the future of the American church? The Mega-Church brand found in every city with the pastor as your local owner/operator?

2 comments:

Micah Foster said...

hey, thanks for stopping by and continuing the conversation...glad to provide you with some link love...

i appreciate and validate your opinions. i like to check up on your blog every once in awhile...to see what great things are going on.

though we may differ in our theories on how we should be the body of Christ...it's all for His glory and we'd probably reach different people doing different things...so, i, like you, love the church in it's many forms.

Paul is one of my good friends...we went to high school together...our lives are interconnected, we both got married on the same weekend, and we both got jobs at great churches in Fresno at the same time...we moved back into town around the same time too

Whitnee Megan said...

Yes I have seen them and I love them! They are super cool! I try to do it on my photos and sometimes it works.. and sometimes it doesn't.. heh.

I'm extremely disappointed how film is just going away but it'll be around for the artists and those like me. Just maybe a bit more expensive in the end.

Hopefully I'll develop them soon, gotta finish this second roll..!